One of the most challenging things to model accurately in any business is the fact that so many assumptions and parameters change over time as your business grows and matures.
Opstarts already makes it easy to apply basic growth to items such as “increase my Google Ads budget 5% each month” or “add 10 new Pro subscribers each month.”
But it has previously been challenging to model changes in the business that are more ad-hoc or irregular in nature. What sort of things are we talking about here?
- An increase in travel budget as you ramp up sales activity
- A churn rate that decreases as you release better versions of your product
- Salary increases due to promotions or new funding
- Growth rate that decreases after a product has been in the market a while
- Cost per lead decreasing as you get more effective with your ad campaigns
- Temporary price reduction for a seasonal sale or introductory discount
It’s now incredibly simple to model changes like this for any employee, expense, product, or link. Just look for the arrow next to property inputs:
To add multiple values, just click the arrow and a date/values grid will appear. Then simply enter in a value for any date where you want the property to change. In the example below, I’m having a 2-month Winter Sale in Nov/Dec, then changing back to the regular $100 price in January, and then the year after increasing the price to $150. It’s as simple as that, give it a try!
This feature is currently enabled for employee salaries, employee counts, expense costs/quantities, expense growth rates, product prices, product growth rates, product churn rates, and key parameters for all types of links. Please let us know if there are any other parameters you’d like to be able to change over time like this!